Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Audio Book Review: Berried Secrets by Peg Cochran

 Title: Berried Secrets
 Author: Peg Cochran
 Series: Book 1 Cranberry Cove
 Narrator: Romy Nordlinger
 Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime/Tandor Audio
 Format: Audio CD
 Source: Received from Hoopla Digital/Windsor  Public Library
 Rating:5 stars
 Reviewed by: Tina


 To be honest I waited a little to long to write this review after I listened to the book, which I know I shouldn't do because I have forgotten some of the things I wanted to write in this review but I will do my best.

 I love reading about Cranberry Cove, I've had this book on my TBR list since I first heard about it. I am starting to become a big fan of farm themed cozy mysteries. I think its the feeling they give me, if there's animals, harvesting of fruit and vegetables, reading about the farm life and Monica's recipes is a comfort to me and farm's being in the country it's a refreshing change from a cozy mysteries set in a small town, so that's a comfort to me and Berried Secrets fit that bill

 I liked Monica Albertson, the protagonist right off the bat. She is coming back to Michigan to help out her brother run his cranberry farm and she is starting to feel like she's at home when she's helping out her brother in the cranberry bog she comes across the bloated body of one, Sam Culbert. Sam is a not so good guy or so it seems, He previously helped out Monica's brother,Jeff run the farm after Jeff is deployed overseas but when Monica does the books and discover a discrepancy and finds out someone has been embezzling  money, Jeff is shocked.

 Naturally Jeff becomes the number one suspect in Sam's death. Between the embezzlement, the running of the farm and her as feisty as ever step-mother, Monica has a list of suspects on her radar and needs to find the killer so she can save her brother and the Cranberry farm. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. This was a tasty and brilliant beginning to what I know will be a great series from author Peg Cochran.

 Cranberry cove feels like a home away from home. A fine cast of characters, with a suspenceful plot and Did I mention I liked Monica? It could be because she cooks and Monica's salsa had me wanting to sample a taste, I loved her spunk and her determination to help her brother and his farm. This was a highly enjoyable and entertaining reading from the narrator too, she brought the characters and the story to life.

Click the link to purchase on Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEGAL

All reviews are copyrighted by Tina Diamond and Marlene Patterson. Tina Diamond's reviews also appear at Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.

Tina Diamond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assiociates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com