Thursday, November 6, 2014

Book Review: The Chocolate Book Bandit by Joanna Carl

Title: The Chocolate Book Bandit
Author: Joanna Carl
Series: Book 13 A Chocoholic Mystery
Publisher: Signet
Format: Paperback
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Source: Received for review from publisher
Reviewed by: Tina

There's  nothing I love more than books and chocolate and when I discovered this series I knew I had to read it. When I found this edition of the series combining books, libraries and  chocolate I couldn't resist taking a taste test.  Lee Woodyard works at TenHuis Chocolade and she is asked to serve on the library board so she decided to try it out by attending a meeting.

Once everyone is gathered they all become aware of terrified screams, Abigal VanRoostock is found dead at the bottom of the libraries basement stairs, she is the woman who is retiring from the board and Lee was to replace.

It is soon discovered that Abigail was murdered and the new library director Henry "Butch" Cassidy and Lee  and everyone at the meeting become suspects. Lee has to unlock the clues to find the murderer before the book gets thrown her.

Lee seems to be a real character to me and I found myself really identifying with her as a person. There is was a real connection between Lee and I and that's what kept me reading. The love triangles are intriguing and makes this book a real page turner. What left a lot to be desired were Lee's "tongue twisters" to be honest they were annoying but that was part of Lee's personality that I did see past once the story went on. Very Interesting characters. Loved the ins and outs of the library board and it's members and being like a fly on the wall as a reader. Now to find my hot chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. This was a great book. I read it and found myself unable to put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to check this book out. It sounds really good. Combining libraries and chocolate sounds just like something I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

LEGAL

All reviews are copyrighted by Tina Diamond and Marlene Patterson. Tina Diamond's reviews also appear at Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.

Tina Diamond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assiociates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com