Friday, April 4, 2014

Book Review: A Killing Notion by Melissa Bourbon

Title: A Killing Notion
Author: Melissa Bourbon
Series: A Magical Dressmaking Mystery
Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime
Format: Paperback
Source: Received for Review from Author
Reviewed by: Tess

I feel privileged that I was asked to read an advanced copy of this book is the fifth book in the series Magical Dressmaking Mystery. The Cassidy ladies have secrets that must be kept from the people of Bliss Texas, now don't get me wrong, it's not terrible secrets just small ones the townsfolk wouldn't understand.

It's homecoming week in Bliss and Harlow has been designing and sewing dresses for the young ladies in town. Gracie the daughter of Harlow's beau Will has decided to make her own dress. But will there be any reason to finish it when Gracie's date is accused of murder? Once again Harlow and her friends are playing amateur sleuth. Will they be able to figure this one out, especially when men keep dying?

A Killing Notion is another great installment in this series, and the author kept me on my toes guessing. I can't wait for the next book in this series.

5 comments:

  1. I've heard a ton of good things about this book. I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks for posting a review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed a couple of these and must catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to make all my dresses as a child. Apparently when she was a child only no-account moms bought store bought dresses for their daughters. Now that definitely dates me . But just because I enjoy crafty things, I love doing anything with a needle. Ever heard of Japanese Bunka---push needle pictures? Definitely easy to make and fast too. Like coloring a picture with silk thread. Definitely want to read this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, I have this series on my wishlist. Glad you like it so much.

    ReplyDelete

LEGAL

All reviews are copyrighted by Tina Diamond and Marlene Patterson. Tina Diamond's reviews also appear at Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.

Tina Diamond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assiociates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com