Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Book Review: Inherit the Word by Daryl Wood Gerber

Title: Inherit the Word
Author: Daryl Wood Gerber
Series: Book 2, A Cookbook Nook Mystery
Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime
Format: Paperback
Source: Received for Review from Publisher
Reviewed by: Tina

The grill fest is in full swing at the Cookbook Nook, a culinary Disneyland for cookbook and culinary mystery lovers, This year's theme is "Grilled Cheese". It seems every amateur chef has come to the Cookbook Nook to test their cooking chops and it also seems that all the chefs really want to do Is battle each other because of past grievances.

Contestant, Natalie Mumford finds herself a murder victim when she is found slain in the alley with a Panini grill, and when Lola, another grill fest contestant is accused of the murder The Cookbook Nook proprietor Jenna Hart takes it upon herself to try to help her friend Lola beat a murder wrap and let Justice prevail.

Rumors and innuendos about the murder and it's residents are flying among everyone around this picturesque town of Crystal Cove and everyone in this town has secrets. But as all of this is going on Mayor Zeller decides to continue with the "grill fest" competition in honor of Natalie. Surely the contestants can cook up something delicious and Jenna can find a murderer before someone else gets grilled. This is fast becoming one of my favorite series, I love the characters, the settings, the culinary theme. All the names of the cookbooks that are mentioned though out the book with being a cookbook fan and collector myself I happen to love. Sometimes you love a book so much you just want to crawl inside and live there, that's how I feel about this series and this book. Just to add that Katie is my favorite character. I can't wait to read the third book in the Cookbook Nook Mysteries, Stirring the Plot, coming in October 2014.

5 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to reading this book, and your review made it sound even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark, I appreciate that comment.

      Delete
  2. Bella, thank you so much for a lovely review. I'm thrilled with how fans are taking to this series. I'm with you. I want to crawl into the books, too. That's how much fun I'm having writing them.

    Savor the mystery!

    Daryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was actually me that wrote the review but I'm sure Bella feels the same way about books she loves too, Happy you enjoyed my review and thank you for writing such a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading this cozy, and I really like it.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

LEGAL

All reviews are copyrighted by Tina Diamond and Marlene Patterson. Tina Diamond's reviews also appear at Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.

Tina Diamond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assiociates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com