Monday, March 3, 2014

Book Review: Iced to Death by Peg Cochran

Title: Iced to Death
Author: Peg Cochran
Series: Book 3: A Gourmet de-lite Mystery
Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime
Format: Paperback
Source: Received for Review by Publisher
Reviewed by: Tina

Gigis Gourmet De-Lite business is taking off where she prepares, and cooks and delivers low calorie meals to the women of Woodstone who wish to shed some pounds. But with an unexpected visit from Gigis sister, Pia, sending Gigi in a tailspin. Pia is soon starting to wear out her welcome as far as Gigi is concerned and soon Pia starts falling head over heals for Bar Owner and sexy Englishman, Delcan McQuaid and Gigi is also harbouring feelings for Delcan. When Delcan asks Gigi to help him in the bars kitchen the night of an engagement party for the son of Woodstones prominent lawyer, Bradley Simpson and his fiancé.

Gigi accepts knowing that it might cause friction between her, her sister and her police detective boyfriend, Mertz. The night of the party, Lawyer, Bradley is found in the parking lot stabbed to death with an ice pick that belonged to Delcan that came from the bar. Determined to clear Delcan of murder Gigi decided to try to find the murderer knowing that Gigis boyfriend Mertz is zeroing in on him for commiting the crime, but the suspect list is not small and narrowing it down is becoming quite the task as it seems everyone has a reason to want this arrogant lawyer dead. Gigi will have to find a killer pronto before her relationship between her and her sister and her boyfriend is put on the back burner for good.

I love this series because of Gigi. When I found this series I knew I wanted to read it because Gigi cooked low calorie meals for her customers and I'm on that weight loss journey also so I could relate to Gigi a lot also trying to live a lifestyle of healthy eating but even as Gigi finds it isn't always easy and it its not easy for me either. So I think that's why I relate to her so much. I think this is the best of the series so far, I really enjoyed it. When I can relate to characters in a book it makes me want to read it much more. I will continue to read every book in this series.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm really anxious to start this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat healthy, but I know I should. And I do need to lose weight. But I'll let my daughter eat healthy and work on losing the weight -- I'm tried of the yo-yoing.
    Sounds like a fun series.

    ReplyDelete

LEGAL

All reviews are copyrighted by Tina Diamond and Marlene Patterson. Tina Diamond's reviews also appear at Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.

Tina Diamond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assiociates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com