Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Book Review: Murder Strikes a Pose by Tracy Weber

Title: Murder Strikes a Pose
Author: Tracy Weber
Series: Book 1, A Downward Dog Mystery
Publisher: Midnight Ink
Format: eBook
Source: Received for Review from Publisher
Reviewed by: Tina
Purchase from Amazon.

Yoga is as yoga does is not only one of my favorite singer Elvis Presley's songs it is how Yoga instructor Kate Davidson chooses to live her life until she meets up with a homeless man named George and his German Sheppard, Bella. As he starts selling newspapers outside of Kate's Yoga Studio with Bella in toe, Kate only wants them gone as it might scare away clients then unbenounced to Kate they start a friendship.

Kate then stumbles across George's dead body. The police only wave it off as a typical murder of a homeless man but Kate thinks differently, She tries desperately to get the police to see the murder from her perspective but they are not budging. So Kate chooses to take the law in her own hands and tries to solve her friend George's murder herself but she discovers it won't be easy, with a surprising list of suspects and and to go along with that someone knows that Kate is on to them. With Kate also fostering George's beloved Bella and trying to find a home for her with the dog's medical problems is proving to be difficult. Kate needs to hurry to find George's murderer before her fate is sealed.

I really enjoyed reading this book. If you are a dog person you will love it. I found myself shedding tears a few times. I also always wondered about yoga, and thank you to Tracy to opening me up to it. I could always use something that relaxes me. I found the friendship between Kate and George turned into something very positive and heartwarming and was rooting for Kate to find George's murderer.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the book! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review... Just finished the mystery... Your description I'd very concise...I hope we all are now inspired to be more considerate to people less fortunate... How about adopting a dog...you will most likely more motivated... How about looking into learning and in the process learning more about yourself... And if you are already doing yoga recommitting yourself to a more regular. This is definitely a mystery... Lots of fun to read, yet more.. It makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments about my review

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound appealing, but I am not sure I can read about a sick dog. Glad you enjoy this series Tina.

    ReplyDelete

LEGAL

All reviews are copyrighted by Tina Diamond and Marlene Patterson. Tina Diamond's reviews also appear at Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.

Tina Diamond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assiociates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com