Monday, December 30, 2013

Book Review: Murder She Barked by Krista Davis

Title: Murder She Barked
Author: Krista Davis
Series: Book 1, Paws and Claws Mystery
Publisher: Penguin, Berkley Prime Crime
Format: Paperback
Source: Received for Review from Author
Reviewed by: Tina

When Holly Miller loses her job, she feels like a dog without a bone. Her boyfriend's ex girlfriend is nosing her way back into his life. Holly then receives a call that changes her life, Her grandmother is in trouble so Holly hurries to rush to be by her side in Wagstail, Virginia to her grandmother, Oma's inn. Along the way Holly meets up with a lost Jack Russel Terrier, whom Holly rescues and grudgingly takes with her.

When Holly gets there she discovers that Wagstail and her Oma's Sugar Maple Inn has changed into a world where they cater to animals, The Jack Russel Terrier who Holly affectionately name's, Trixie and takes under her wing, Holly finds that an employee is murdered and her Oma is the alleged victim. Then the Mayor turns up dead in his home and Holly along with her furry friends that live in the inn and some humans try to piece together who would have in for her beloved Oma, As they all wonder who the killer is and try to discover who could want Oma dead they could only wonder who will end up in the dog house.

I love Krista's "Domestic Diva" mysteries and when I first saw this book I knew I would love it and when I read the synopsis I knew I had to read it. I was thrilled when I received it to review. Krista has a way of drawing you into her books, like they are worlds within themselves and you feel like you are part of that world. Like her Domestic Diva mysteries it didn't fail to do that with her characters and picturesque settings. I can't wait for the second book in this series. I'm sure readerswill feel the same if they open up a book by Krista Davis, and that's why I read her books and you should too.

1 comment:

  1. My Carli has her Murder She Barked bandanna on and I eagerly awaited a review on this new series before taking the plunge. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LEGAL

All reviews are copyrighted by Tina Diamond and Marlene Patterson. Tina Diamond's reviews also appear at Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.

Tina Diamond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assiociates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com