Thursday, December 26, 2013

Book Review: Murder in the Rue Dumas by M.L. Longworth

Title: Murder in the Rue Dumas
Author: M.L. Longworth
Series: Book 2 of Verlaque and Bonnet Provencal Mysteries
Publisher: Penguin
Format: eBook
Source: Received for Review from Publisher
Reviewed by: Anna
Purchase from Amazon.

Judge Verlaque has another mystery on his hands. This time, its the director of the theology department at the university in Aix found dead. Professor Moutte was about to announce who won the fellowship and replacement of his position of Director. Verlaque has a long list of suspects in mind, including those that could have won the fellowship, and starts to investigate.

I love european mysteries. It goes back to my other love of French food, especially French cheese.Earlier this year I discovered the first book in this series, Death at the Chateau Bremont, and I really enjoyed the first book. I enjoyed watching Judge Verlaque solve the mystery and was looking forward to more books in the series.

The second book in this series was even better than the first and left me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out who killed Professor Moutte. The mystery was well crafted and the food and people, oh my! Let's just say I think I need to hop on the first flight to Aix-en-Provence to experience it for myself.

If you're looking for a new, tantalizing series to try this winter, I recommend picking up this lovely French cozy mystery series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEGAL

All reviews are copyrighted by Tina Diamond and Marlene Patterson. Tina Diamond's reviews also appear at Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.

Tina Diamond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assiociates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com