Monday, August 19, 2013

Top 5 Places to Visit in a Cozy Town with Hannah Reed

Top 5 Places to Visit in a Cozy Town by Story Fischer from Buzz Off by Hannah Reed

My Favorite Places in Moraine

Moraine, Wisconsin is where I was born and raised. After going off to the big city and taking my lumps, I’m back where I started. Small town life means lots of family and friends. We are one big happy community.

The Wild Clover – This is my grocery store where I sell all kinds of Wisconsin products like our prize-winning cheeses, wild rice, cranberries in all their glorious forms, veggies and fruits from local providers, and of course, honey products. It’s housed in the old Lutheran Church right on Main Street. I like to think it’s an important hub for our community.

Queen Bee Honey – my honeybee business bringing bottled honey, candy, beeswax, and whatever I’m experimenting with at the moment to the locals. All this from the honey house in my backyard, thanks to all the hives, their workers and especially the queen bee.

Oconomowoc River – The river meanders through Moraine and kisses up against my backyard. I love to take out my kayak and explore, although I’ve had a few unexpected surprises.

Stu’s Bar and Grill – Stu’s is another gathering place on Main Street, serving up local brewskis and staples like chicken wings, burgers, pizza, and plenty of gossip. Not to mention that Stu is a hunk and worth the stop.

Library – What town is complete without a library? Ours hosts special events like musical jams in the summer, chocolate and honey tastings in the winter, and used book sales year round.

Follow Hannah on the Web: Pinterest, Facebook, Website

Beewitched is available for pre-order from all your favorite book sellers

1 comment:

  1. I wanna go there! It sounds like a place in a book, not a real place. I grew up in a small town, but have lived in Atlanta for so many years, and because my family is all here, I will stay here, but I'd love to be back in a real community. Haven't read Hannah Reed, but I will start today!

    ReplyDelete

LEGAL

All reviews are copyrighted by Tina Diamond and Marlene Patterson. Tina Diamond's reviews also appear at Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.

Tina Diamond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assiociates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com