Saturday, August 17, 2013

Top 5 Places to Visit in a Cozy Town with Blanche Day Manos and Barbara Burgess

Grave Shift
By
Blanche Day Manos and Barbara Burgess

After my husband Jake Tucker died, I returned to my mother’s house in my hometown of Levi, Oklahoma. My heart was breaking and I yearned for healing and peace. The healing has come but I’ve yet to find much peace because Mom, Flora Tucker and I, Darcy Campbell seem to attract mysteries like a small boy attracts mud. However, I love my hometown and want to introduce you to 5 of my favorite places.

Flora’s Kitchen: My favorite place in all the world is the kitchen of my mother’s hundred-year old farmhouse. It is sunny and bright and the aroma of fresh-brewed coffee from her old yellow coffee pot brightens even the gloomiest day.

The Office of the Ventris County Sheriff: A sheriff’s office is not a favorite place for many people but it is for me simply because of the man behind the desk. Grant Hendley, tall and slim with red hair and piercing blue eyes just happens to be my long-ago sweetheart and an active contender for a place in my life today.

Dilly’s Café: Stepping into this café where the good citizens of Levi meet for delicious meals and to swap gossip is like going back in time. The yellow formica and chrome tables and black and white tile floors haven’t changed much in the last 60 years and neither has the home cooking.

Spirit Leap: When I want to be alone, I mean really alone, I go to a big flat rock that sits atop a bluff above a stream in Mom’s back pasture. Sharp rocks line the banks of Spring Creek which hurries into the woods far below me and the peace sort of quiets my mind.

Jackson Conner’s Law Office: I must admit that this office is more of Mom’s favorite but I like it too. The cedar paneling and brown leather furniture of the room along with the faint aroma of cherry pipe tobacco is an imprint of the lawyer himself. Mr. Conner’s head of white hair and white mustache certainly appeal to Mom and I wonder if a romance might be blooming there?

Author’s website: blanchedaymanos.com 
Facebook page: Blanche Day Manos 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEGAL

All reviews are copyrighted by Tina Diamond and Marlene Patterson. Tina Diamond's reviews also appear at Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.

Tina Diamond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assiociates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com